11 x 300g
Ascophyllum nodosum is a brown seaweed, that grows naturally on our shorelines. Our seaweed meal is sourced from the Outer Hebrides, where it is harvested by hand during the summer months. The root and 20 – 50 cm of stem are left attached to the rocks, so the seaweed can regenerate quickly. The area is then left for 3 – 5 years before it is re-harvested. The seaweed is carefully dried and coarsely ground.
It contains over 60 natural minerals, micro nutrients, amino acids and vitamins. It helps to promote immune function, assists digestion and absorption of nutrients from the gut.
Key benefits are:
- Rich source of soluble dietary fibres which help feed the good bacteria in the gut
- Naturally rich source of iodine, difficult to find in many ingredients
- Source of other naturally chelated trace minerals, such a Manganese Zinc, Copper, Molybdenum and Selenium
- 100% natural vegetarian supplement
- Naturally protected proteins and carbohydrates
- Easily digested vegetable matter, with excellent bio-availability
- Suits all animals – young and old alike
100% Seaweed Meal
Crude Protein: 5%
Crude Fat: 3%
Crude Ash: 23%
Dietary Fibre: 4.5%